Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New anthology guidelines



Title: The Mothman Files

Publisher: Woodland Press

Editor: Michael Knost

Format: Trade Paperback

Payment: five-cents per word (upon publication) plus contributor copy.

No reprints

Story length: Up to 3000 words

No multiple or simultaneous subs

Deadline: Friday, July 1, 2011

E-mail submissions to: themothmanfiles at yahoo dot com

We will accept .doc attachments only.

I am looking for fictional mothman stories. The setting is not limited to West
Virginia or any other regional area known as mothman territory.

I want tales with a solid plot and good character development. Stories should
grab the reader's attention quickly and hold it until the end. I want powerful
and emotional tales that are creepy, chilling, disturbing, and moody.

Although stories will mainly target an adult/young adult audience, we DO NOT
want stories containing language or content unsuitable for children.

Formatting your manuscript:

Double-space.
Use Times New Roman (12).
Italicize what you want italicized.
Single space after sentence-ending punctuation.

Be sure to include your name, address, email on manuscript.

Go Back To MichaelKnost.com

5 comments:

  1. Any specific (non-fiction, web site) sources that should be looked at for consistency?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Word count is by the word processor's word count?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings Michael,

    I am very interested in contributing to "The Mothman Files". I have 2 published books through The History Press and am a monthly columnist for Two Lane Livin' which is West Virginia's largest free publication.( My column deals with West Virginia folklore, superstitions and ghost sightings.) I own a haunted history tour company and we have visited Point Pleseant WV on numerous occasions. Over the last 2o odd years, I have researched Mothman and all that the sightings have entailed. I look forward to submitting a piece that you may find worthy of inclusion in your project and I am thrilled that you chose a Mothman theme for this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm nearly done with a first draft for this. What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there. I submitted a story to this anthology, and then I sent an email two months later asking for an update (as I received no receipt for the original submittal). I have received no response to date. Please email me at sarahpanda at gmail dot com. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete