Sunday, August 21, 2011

New anthology guidelines: The Mothman Chronicles

Title: The Mothman Chronicles

Publisher: Woodland Press

Editor: Michael Knost

Format: Trade Paperback

DO NOT SUBMIT STORIES REJECTED FROM THE MOTHMAN FILES ANTHOLOGY.

Payment: five-cents per word (upon publication) plus contributor copy.

No reprints and no trunk stories

Story length: Up to 4000 words

No multiple or simultaneous subs

Deadline: Sunday, July 1, 2012 (Do not inquire on story status until after September 1, 2012)

E-mail submissions to: themothmanchronicles at yahoo dot com

We will accept .doc attachments only.

I am looking for fictional mothman stories. The setting is not limited to West Virginia or any other regional area known as mothman territory.

Think of a story or angle you are sure no other writer will come up with and pursue it.

I want tales that grab me early…and hold me to the end. I want stories that are stories: Character + Want + Obstacle + Action = Resolution. I want story arc. I want character arc. I want powerful and emotional tales that are creepy, chilling, disturbing, and moody.

Although stories will mainly target an adult/young adult audience, I DO NOT want stories containing language or content unsuitable for children.

Formatting your manuscript:

Double-space.
Use Times New Roman (12pt).
Italicize what you want italicized.
Single space after sentence-ending punctuation.

Be sure to include your name, address, and email on the manuscript. If this information is not on the manuscript, I will reject it without reading.

Go Back To MichaelKnost.com

6 comments:

  1. Are you looking for a similar tone to the Mothman Files anthology, or do you have something different in mind for this one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not looking for any particular theme for either anthology, just good stories that include the Mothman somehow. A story that if you were to pull the Mothman out, the story would collapse. I hope that helps, Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michael
    Would you accept a juvenile/young adult Mothman story?
    David Perlmutter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael:
    As with the other story I asked you about, I can't proceed with this one unless I get a thumbs up or down. I'm that type of writer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michael.

    Any news on the anthology?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigh... I've written a fair amount about the Mothman lately. Wish I had seen this sooner.

    ReplyDelete